Arc Mouse Not Working – Why and How to Fix It: Microsoft’s Arc mouse is certainly one of the most elegant computer mice available. Some users might encounter issues due to its flat shape. The Arc mouse won’t work in a flat position. It is necessary to bend the shape of the mouse in order to use it.
Bending the mouse in an angle, forming an arc, can join it with an electronic device. This article we’ve addressed a few questions that users might face in the event that they find that their Arc mouse isn’t working. Without any further delay, let’s start right now.
Why Is My Arc Mouse Not Working?
The mouse will not come off until you bend the mouse. In addition there are other reasons to consider incompatible Bluetooth versions low battery and driver issues are a few frequent reasons why the Arc mouse isn’t functioning. Here are some additional reasons for why the Arc mouse isn’t working.
- Mouse that’s paired with another device
- The system shut down the device because of the absence of activity
- Older Bluetooth driver
- Bluetooth version that isn’t compatible
How to Fix the Microsoft Arc Mouse?
Before we get into the solutions, we must confirm that your device and Arc mouse Bluetooth version are compatible. You are able to connect it to Microsoft’s Arc mouse if the device’s Bluetooth version is 4.0 or above. If you own an item with Bluetooth 3.0 it is not possible to pair both of them.
Another method you could test before arriving at the solution is to disconnect and reconnect the device, and change your laptop’s Bluetooth on and off. Sometimes, simple steps can help.
If you’re using an device that supports Bluetooth 4.0 or greater and connecting the mouse fails then follow the steps below.
Reconnect the Mouse
Microsoft Arc mouse will not automatically connect to an already-paired computer if it is connected with an unrelated device. It is necessary to connect the mouse manually each whenever you want to pair it to another system.
Simply switching to Bluetooth on your laptop won’t perform the task. It is necessary to set the Arc mouse into pairing mode and connect it to your device.
Follow the steps below to connect Microsoft Arc to a computer.
- The mouse can be moved around to look for a button that has the Bluetooth symbol on either side of the.
- Press and hold the button for 3 seconds to enter pairing mode.
- The LED should flash blue light.
- After you have paired Once you are in pairing mode, open your Bluetooth setting on your computer and connect the two devices.
Replace the Batteries
If the mouse does not have a blinking its LED underneath or over the top, it is a good chance that the battery of the mouse has died. The batteries of the Arc mouse typically last for between four and six months. Therefore, if you haven’t changed the batteries for the past, you might have to replace them.
Microsoft Arc mouse uses two triple-A batteries. The batteries are placed into a storage compartment beneath the mouse. A cover will be placed beneath the Bluetooth logo as well as the LED. By opening this cover, you will be able to see the compartment for batteries.
Change Power Management Properties
Computers can shut off specific hardware components to conserve power. While it’s a good option for laptops that save power, it won’t disable the functionality of the device even when the device is connected.
Similar to of Microsoft’s Arc mouse. Follow the steps below to modify your power management setting.
- Use the Windows + X key, then choose Device Manager.
- Expand Mice and other pointers. In this section, you can be able to see all the devices that are connected to the computer.
- Double-click on the device you want to use. If you’re having trouble in determining the right device i.e. it’s the Arc mouse, unplug your device and go to the list of pointing devices. Connect the device once more and go through this list. The device that is listed is known as that of the Arc mouse.
- Click on The power Management tab.
- Uncheck The computer should be turned off the device in order to conserve energy.
Run Hardware and Bluetooth Troubleshooter
The hardware troubleshooter identifies and attempts to correct any problems with hardware components that are connected to the laptop computer. This can be done with wired or wireless devices.
Similar to the Bluetooth troubleshooter resolves any issues related to any issues with the device’s Bluetooth. If there are internal configuration issues that affect Bluetooth or the Bluetooth and the machine itself using these troubleshooters could solve the problem with the arc-shaped mouse not working.
- Click the Windows + I key to open Settings.
- Visit Systemsand then Troubleshooter> Other troubleshooting methods.
- Under Other Start it through Bluetooth troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter must perform a few tests in order to find out what’s wrong with the issue and attempt to resolve the issue.
- When the Bluetooth troubleshooting procedure is completed When the Bluetooth troubleshooting process is complete, hit on the Windows + R key to launch Run.
msdt.exe with the ID DeviceDiagnosticand hit Enter in order to launch the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices window.
- Click on Next.
- When the process is complete the troubleshooter should show the error, and indicate whether it’s fixed or not.
Microsoft regularly releases updates to Windows that provide security and visual enhancements. They also address issues and bugs that are present in the current Version of Windows. Additionally, Updating Windows to the most recent version can help Windows’ Operating System communicate smoothly with the hardware it is connected to.
If any communication issue causes your Arc mouse to cease working the mouse, it is recommended that you install a Windows Update should fix it.
- Click the Windows + I key to open Settings.
- Go to Windows Update ( Security & Updates> Windows Update for Windows 10)
- Select Check for Updates or Install the latest version of your software. .
- Restart your computer when the installation and download process is complete.
Update Bluetooth Driver
Because that the Microsoft Arc is a Bluetooth device, any issue of the Bluetooth adapter on your computer could cause it from working. Arc mouse from working. A current driver will also be free of bugs and will be more compatible with newer operating systems.
Thus it is recommended to update the Bluetooth driver will fix any issue that occurs with the mouse.
- Click the Windows + X key, then choose Device Manager.
- Expand Network Adapter.
- Double-click on Bluetooth Device.
- Visit the Drivertab and then select the Update Driver option.
- Choose Automatically to find drivers.
- Reboot your computer after your driver is updated.