Outlook Slow to Load? Here Are X Ways to Fix It : Outlook is responsible for managing many email messages and it’s not unusual for Outlook to experience occasional hiccups.
Outlook may be slow to open or load. Other issues include Outlook taking too long to open or load, and the inbox switching between them being painfully slow.
Sometimes, it is a minor problem that can be fixed by restarting your application or system. Advanced troubleshooting may be necessary if the problem continues.
Outlook loading too slowly
There are many factors that can cause this problem, but these are the most likely.
- Outlook profile corrupted
- Too many RSS feeds
- Outlook mailbox nearly full or out of storage
- Large PST files
- Outlook in an old version
How can Outlook load too slowly?
Before you move on to the technical fixes, check if your The antivirus software may sometimes cause Outlook to be unresponsive due to false negatives. Try temporarily disabling firewall to see if that solves your problem. To protect your system against malware and threats, make sure you enable it as soon possible.
However, ensure your network connection is not slow or unstable. You can try these fixes if Outlook is still loading slowly.
Too many add-ins can slow Outlook down and cause your messages to load too slowly.
Some add-ins may be incompatible or corrupt and interfere with the app. You can even use Outlook in safe mode to find out if add-ins may be causing problems. If it does not work as expected, then the add-ins may be faulty.
You should therefore get rid of any unused or faulty add-ins. Keep only the most important ones.
To determine if an add-in is the problem, disable it one at a time until you locate the one that is. You can then remove the add-in from Outlook. Some users reported that the antivirus add-in was causing problems. Disabling it may resolve your issue.
This article will show you how to remove/disable add-ins from the Outlook app.
- Navigate to File > Option in Outlook.
- From the sidebar, select the Addins tab.
- Select the option in the right pane. COM Add-Ins Option next to the Manage field.
- Click the Go link.
- Uncheck each add-in that you wish to disable.
- Alternativly, you can also remove an add-in simply by selecting it from the list and clicking on the Remove link.
Reduce the size of Outlook Data Files
Your mailbox may be almost full if you receive/send a lot of emails. Outlook messages can load very slowly if this happens.
You can either manually sort the files and delete them, or you can use the “mailbox cleaning” feature to clear your mailbox.
If you store your mailbox data in PST files, you will need to manually shrink them.
- Open Outlook and navigate to > Information > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select a PST file from the Data tab and then click Settings.
- Click the Compact Now link.
- If you have multiple pst file, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- When you are done, click OK to close all open windows.
- Verify that Outlook loads messages faster.
Repair Outlook Profile
Outlook loading slow can occur when your Outlook profile is corrupted. It usually happens when there are too many subfolders/items in your Outlook profile or a corrupt PST.
- Start the Outlook app.
- Navigate to > Information.
- Click Account Setting in the right pane and choose the account settings option.
- Relaunch Outlook and exit. Check to see if Outlook loads quicker than it did before.
Alternativly, you can run SCANPST.exe to fix your Outlook profile.
Create a new Outlook profile
Outlook may still be slow or not working as it should.
- Navigate to > Information.
- Select Account Settings, then click Manage profiles.
- Click Show Profiles in the Mail Setup window.
- Click the Add link and enter a preferred name to create a new profile.
- To add a new profile, click OK and follow the instructions on screen.
- You can use the profile you just created in the Always Use this Profile option.
- Select the desired location in the Finder app. Applications From the sidebar.
- Right-click Microsoft Outlook to select the Show package Contents option.
- Next, visit Contents > Support > Outlook Profil Manager.
- Click here plus icon Name the new profile.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to configure the settings according your preferences.
- You can verify that Outlook is functioning as expected using the new profile.
Updating the Outlook App
Outlook may have unresolved issues or bugs if it is an older version. To fix slow loading issues, it is worth updating Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click on the File option.
- Next, click on Office Account at the bottom right.
- Next, click on Update Options and choose the Update Now option.
- Let Office complete updating the application and then relaunch it.
- Verify Outlook is loading as you expect.
You can also update Outlook for Mac directly from the app, the app store or manually from Microsoft’s official website.
Deactivate RSS Feeds
RSS feeds can be useful to get the latest updates from websites or blogs, but too many RSS feeds can slow down Outlook’s loading times. To speed up Outlook, disable them.
- Navigate to > Option.
- Choose the Advanced option in the sidebar.
- Look for the RSS Feeds section. Uncheck all checkboxes.
Cached Exchange Mode Options can be enabled
You can enable the cached exchange mode to save a copy of your mailbox data (known as an OST file) on your local computer.
It also allows you to stay in touch with your exchange server data even if you have poor internet connection.
To enable it,
- Click on the File Menu.
- Navigate to Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your Outlook profile from the Email tab and click Edit just above it.
- Next, check the Use cached exchange modebox.
- Close the app and restart it.
Turn off Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is more useful and meaningful when it’s done with dedicated hardware, such as a graphics card. It’s enabled by default in Outlook.
It can also work against you and slow down your Outlook app.
To disable it,
- Navigate to > Option.
- Select the Advanced tab on the left sidebar, and check the Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration box.
- Verify that the slow issue was resolved at the next launch.