Quickbooks not opening issue interrupts users to open the company file on the system. There may be different processes opened on the system which may interrupt in starting the application or hang the application while you are working on it. The error simply indicates that Quickbooks doesn’t start or has stopped working. To know how to resolve the issue, keep reading the article.
Sources of Quickbooks Doesn’t Start Issue
Here is a list of several reasons which may lead to the Quickbooks doesn’t open issue. Check out the list below.
- Quickbooks company file’s name is longer than required.
- The application has a faulty or damaged installation.
- The ini file is missing from the system
- Moreover, there are chances that your hard disk is damaged in a way that it can not be fixed anymore.
- The Windows operating system is outdated.
Identification of Quickbooks Doesn’t Start
When the error occurs on the system, another issue may also occur on the system. Here, we have explained some identifications of the error to help you avoid and identify the error in the Future.
- Your system hangs frequently and multiple times.
- Quickbooks application is not starting on the system.
- The keyboard or mouse may respond to user input slowly.
- Application hangs when you attempt to access your Quickbooks file.
- No update is available for an operating system or the Quickbooks application.
Fixation of Quickbooks Won’t Open
So, if you are still not able to start Quickbooks, here are the troubleshooting methods you can attempt. Following all the methods in the same sequence will help you fix the Quickbooks won’t open easily.
Fix 1: End All QBW32.exe Processes
- To begin with, you will have to tap on the taskbar of your system.
- Now, you will have to right-click on the taskbar.
- Next, click on the option to start task manager.
- After this, you will have to click on the Processes tab.
- Under the tab, tap on the Image name header.
- Now, all the processes will list in alphabetical order.
- You will now have to look for the QBW32.exe file and then click on it.
- From the options, choose to end the task.
Fix 2: Fixing Quickbooks Installation
- To begin with, you will have to create a backup of the company file.
- You will now have to start your system again.
- When done, if any application is running on the system, you will have to close all those applications.
- Now, you will have to tap on the windows start icon.
- In your system, open the Control panel and then open it.
- When doing this, you will have to click on the program and features option.
- Under this, tap on the option to uninstall the application.
- Now, tap on the Quickbooks option and then choose to uninstall it.
- A prompt will appear on the screen asking if you wish to proceed with uninstalling or repairing.
- Tap on the repair option.
- Now, follow the steps as mentioned on the screen.
- On completion, click on the Finish option and start your system again.
- Next, you will have to update the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will have to make sure that all the new fixes are implemented.
Fix 3: Change QBWUSER.ini File
- To begin with, start the folder in which you have stored the ini file.
- If you are not able to find the file, tap on the hidden files and folders option.
- Now, look for the QBWUSER.ini file and then right-click on it.
- You will then have to change the name of the file
- Add OLD at the end of your company file’s name.
- Now, you will have to change the name of the ecml file.
- When done, save all the changes that you have made. Check if the error exists.
Fix 4: Employ Quickbooks Tool Hub
- First, you will have to end the Quickbooks application.
- Now, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- You will now have to save the downloaded file in an easily accessible location.
- When done, you will have to tap on the file and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, you will have to choose the installation folder and if you wish to change it, tap on the Browse option.
- After this, you will have to start the tool and then use the preferred option according to the choice.
Fix 5: Suppressing Quickbooks
- Hover to the Quickbooks desktop and then right-click on the same.
- Keep holding the CTRL key while opening the application.
- Now, under this, tap on the open option.
- Leave the CTRL key when the No company file window appears on the screen.
- You can then use the company file.
Fix 6: Register Quickbooks
- First, check if you have registered on the Quickbooks application or not.
- Now, start the Quickbooks application.
- Under this, you will have to hit the F2 key.
- Now, the product information window will open on the screen.
- You will now get the license number information. You can then see the license information on the screen.
- In case you have already registered the application, you do not need to proceed with the process.
- Otherwise, you will have to register for the application again.
- Terminate the Quickbooks information window opened on the screen.
- Click on the help tab and then choose to activate Quickbooks.
- Complete the process by following all the steps appearing,
We hope with the methods that we have mentioned, you will be able to start Quickbooks on the system. In case you encounter the issue even after following the instructions mentioned in the article, you can also seek guidance from the support team.