According to the latest statistics shared by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). Demand for hair loss treatment increased drastically in 2015 as compared with the previous years. The ISHRS survey statistics claim an increase of 28% in demand for hair transplant surgery in 2014. Surgical hair restoration has gained tremendous popularity in the Middle East and African countries. With 62% increase in hair transplant surgeries, second highest after 82% change in Mexico/Central and South America.
Rise in Hair Transplant Surgery
This substantial increase in demand for hair transplantation in the Middle East notice more hair loss patients getting treatment. One of the leading hair restoration facilities in the UAE. Anisa Vrabac says that last they experienced a 20% rise in the number of people seeking hair transplant surgery.
“This year we have so far seen an increase of 20% in the number of people seeking hair transplant in Dubai, compared to last year, which leads us to believe that the increase is not only in our clinic but across UAE.”
Reason Behind Rise in Hair Transplant
Anisa believes that the primary reason behind this increase in demand for surgical hair restoration is the fact that most people realize that Dubai is the best place to get a hair transplant done for a number of reasons. Including the Ministry Of Health (MOH) regulations, availability of highly skilled and experienced hair transplant surgeons, top-notch post-procedural guidance and care, and the highly competitive prices in the UAE, which cost the patients several times less than getting the procedure done in some developed country.
“For instance, when you look at former top hair transplant destinations like Turkey, Iran and India, you will find that the benefits enjoyed by patients here in the UAE cannot be found there,” explained Miss Vrabac, adding that in most of these countries there is no designated governing health body to regulate this highly sophisticated and technical procedure. Anisa believes that it is due to a lack of proper governance that even inexperienced technicians and nurse practitioners are performing hair transplant surgeries in these developing countries.
On the other hand, in UAE each procedure is performed by highly skilled and board-certified plastic surgeons. Adding that the surgeons at Hair Transplant Clinic do the craft with precision and accuracy. Make sure the outcome of the surgery is as natural as it can be. “Comparing our prices too, let’s say Turkey, you might find we are a little bit pricier. But then our services and hair loss treatments are of higher quality.”
Hair Transplant Research
The Head of the Hair Transplant Department further added that by providing their patients with world-class hair restoration facilities and desired results, they are promoting the United Arab Emirates as a premier medical tourism destination. She further says that it is the result of their surgeon’s and technical staff’s sweat as well as the quality of the service, and the end results that the locals and residents now prefer getting hair transplants done in Dubai rather than flying abroad to the procedure done.
“In addition to the cost of the hair transplant surgery, you also face hotel bookings, transportation to and from the hair transplant facility as well as flight costs.” Anisa went on to say, adding that getting the procedure outside UAE will also make it difficult to have follow-up sessions with the surgeon, which are very important for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.
“When you decide to have the procedure in the UAE, you can rest assured that you will avail all the necessary follow-up appointments and growth factor sessions (if necessary), and if you are from outside the UAE, we arrange for your movement while you are here, hotel bookings as well as your flights.”
“I would like to inform the masses that travelling outside the UAE for a hair transplant procedure is not necessary. Although it is a bit pricier, it is not as expensive as it is make out to be. All you have to do is walk in and find out for yourself,” concluded Anisa.
Key Factors of Hair Transplant
- Androgenic Alopecia is the leading cause of hair loss in both gender, affecting about 90% of all hair loss cases.
- Hair loss can affect a person’s social life as well intriguing feelings of embarrassment, frustration and low self-esteem.
- It is a highly effective hair restoration method all over the world, for it gives the most natural-looking results.
- At Hair Treatment Clinic at least 90 hair transplant cases seen every month.
- 85% of the hair transplant patients treated at Hair Transplant Clinic are males while remaining 15% are females.
- A hair transplant surgery can take anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours for its completion, with intermitted breaks.
- Full results of the hair transplant usually become visible after 9 to 12 months post-transplant.