Penile erection is an important event for sexual intercourse. This event involves a collaboration between nerves, blood, and muscles of the penis. Emotions and hormones also play an essential role here.
Having that said, a problem in any of the above areas can lead to difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection to perform sexual activity. This inability is known as erectile dysfunction, and it is also a common concern for a majority of the male population worldwide.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction happens due to several reasons. Those reasons may be associated with your physical or emotional health. Here is a quick overview of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction.
- Depression, stress, anxiety, or other psychological issues
- Health conditions such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes
- Certain medications such as antidepressants and appetite suppressants
- Lack of exercise and addictions, such as alcohol and smoking
It is worth mentioning that successful treatment of erectile dysfunction in Dubai usually depends on determining the root cause. For this reason, we have provided a quick overview of the most common reasons for ED.
Role of Mental Health in Erectile Dysfunction
Mental health plays a crucial role in a person’s ability to gain and maintain erections. A mental health issue can also be lead to a problem achieving an erection. Here are the most common psychological factors that can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Anxiety: Anything that makes you worried leads to anxiety. This problem can ultimately cause erectile dysfunction. The most common types of anxiety leading to erectile dysfunction are performance and work anxiety. This mental condition can also cause a man to ejaculate too soon. Fortunately, several therapies are available to treat premature ejaculation in Dubai.
- Stress: Stress can go a long way towards inducing some of the most dreadful health conditions, including heart problems, digestive issues, and sexual issues. Interestingly, sexual intercourse can help reduce stress quite effectively. On the flip side, stress can be one of the reasons for sexual problems.
- Depression: Depression causes erectile dysfunction like nothing else. A depressed person usually has a dampened desire to have sex. Moreover, some medications to treat depression can also cause erectile dysfunction.
How to tackle Erectile Dysfunction?
Get to know about the various types of treatment possible for getting rid of erectile dysfunction. The approaches differ according to the main reason for your ED issue.
If you are also suffering from an ED problem, you have experienced how it affects your confidence, couple relation, and sexual satisfaction. Our motive with approaches is not just to aid in overcoming erectile dysfunction but to start to address some of the pain that has resulted from your sexual dysfunction. When working with people dealing with erectile dysfunction, one of the first things we want to get rid of is any medical condition caused by the problem you are having. This may be a referral to a specialist who is involved in a particular blood operation. Then, when we need to understand the medical role that plays out, we can get to start!
Lifestyle Factors and Erectile Dysfunction
Some lifestyle factors and choices can also be one of the causes of erectile dysfunction. Here is what you may want to know about it.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: Being lethargic and eating a lot of junk and fatty foods are the top reasons for unhealthy weight gain. This weight gain ultimately leads to obesity, which suppresses the release of testosterone – the sex-boosting hormone. Lower testosterone levels are also linked to hypertension and high blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While alcohol is generally considered a mood booster, it has severe adverse effects on sexual health.
- Tobacco consumption: Smoking or chewing tobacco can damage blood vessels that supply blood to different body parts, including the penis.
Health Issues That Cause Erectile Dysfunction
Diabetes and atherosclerosis are also some of the most significant reasons for chronic erectile dysfunction. Here is a list of some other health issues that can lead to erectile dysfunction:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Heart problems
- Prostate enlargement
- Sleep issues
- Parkinson’s disease
- Prostate or penile injury
- Peyronie’s disease
- Prostate cancer treatment
- Bladder cancer treatment
Medications that Cause Erectile Dysfunction
Before going for medicine for erectile dysfunction, including over-the-counter enhancements and homegrown tips, get your part OK. Medication for erectile dysfunction doesn’t work for everybody, and they may be less viable in specific conditions, for example, after a prostate medical technique or, unfortunately, you have diabetes as well.
Unfortunately, some medications also come with side effects, some of which can have a long-lasting impact on your sexual health. Here is a brief list of some most infamous medications that cause erectile dysfunction.
- Ulcer medications
- Antiandrogens (medicines used to treat prostate cancer)
- Appetite suppressants
It is best to consult your doctor if you get erectile dysfunction after using any of these medications. Your doctor may suggest some additional medicines to nullify this side-effect. However, you must not stop taking these medications without consulting your physician and do not ignore the causes of erectile dysfunction.